Historical Photos

Restoration 1894 event space is located on the southwest corner of the historic Liberty square in downtown Liberty, Missouri. Although construction of the current building began in 1894, the site actually goes back to the very start of Liberty in 1822. Early tenants at 1 East Kansas included the Messick Hotel and the Manheim Goldman Clothing store on the ground floor. The current structure housed Jesse Slaughter Dry Goods, S. D. Church & Sons Furniture and Undertaking, Safeway Grocery Store, and JJ Murphy’s Dime Store.